Friday, September 2, 2011

Preview: Dead Island

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/preview-dead-island-20110808-1iita.html

As you will be spending a large chunk of your time in combat, the emphasis on making it play well is paramount. Unlike Dead Rising, and other previous zombie games in which the bloodthirsty hordes become too familiar and soon lose their bite, I found the combat to be thoroughly entertaining (for the hour I played, at least). Sam B's attacks have a satisfying weight to them without being overpowered. The interesting thing is how difficult it can easily become. As I got used to the controls and became complacent, Dead Island repeatedly put me in my place with a group of four or more living dead. This difficulty requires you to be more tactical with your attacks and keeps the tension high when it needs to be. Hopefully the rest of the game can take advantage of these tense moments and expand on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment